- Being able to "keep up" (somewhat) with work via e-mail and voice mail
- The medications are helping and I'm feeling better
- Hot coffee! Always thankful for hot coffee!
- My neighbors who checked on me last night because they said they noticed that my car didn't move yesterday.
- Breakfast...I am so hungry. As sick as I am, whatever this plague is has done little to reduce my appetite.
I want to BE that kind of a neighbor. But am I? Would I notice if something was out of the ordinary at my neighbors' house?
If I did notice, would I think that something might not be right and take the time to find out? Or would I shrug it off and go about my business?
I am so grateful that I have the kind of neighbors who will notice and respond when something is a little "off" with my routine.
They were not being nosey or imposing or anything like that. It was just a quick "wanted to see if you're okay" and "holler if you need anything" and then they were gone.
Neighbors...lights in the darkness at 2:00 a.m. when a bobcat (or something like it) passes through the neighborhood, loudly announcing it's presence.
Consider your neighbors today. Do you know them? Are they the obnoxious, loud music playing type or the quiet type? Have you ever been inside their house? Would you feel comfortable borrowing a cup of sugar from them? Would you think to check in with them if their car didn't move and their mail started piling up?
Happy April Fools Day...and may you find your Five Blessings and more!