Saturday, April 2, 2011

When Plans Change...

Sometimes it's hard to see the blessing in a change of plans when I had my heart and mind set on doing one thing and I'm unable to do it. 

Today I was going to take on the world - or at least the world at my house.  My plan was to take down the rest of the old dog fence and clean up my yard, rake out the dog kennel, haul some trash and recycling away.  However, this "plague" that I have isn't going to allow that so I need to rethink my whole day. 

I am disappointed but will feel better after I come to peace with "plan b" -- which will likely consist of not much more than a little house cleaning (inside) and maybe some cooking. 

Confession: I am not a person who likes to "go with the flow" -- if I have my mind set on doing something, I don't like to have to change it.  If I have made a decision, I don't like to have to rethink it...you get the idea.

So here I sit, contemplating the blessings in this day that will not be the day I had planned on. 
  1. The sun is shining.  It is so bright and beautiful!
  2. It is my favorite day and time of the week.  I love, love, love Saturday mornings!
  3. I have the day to putter around the house, catch up on some reading, take a nap.
  4. I have ice cream in my freezer.  :-)  Really?  In this world full of tragedy and trouble...is ice cream in the freezer really a qualified blessing???  YES! Especially if it is chocolate-peanut butter. 
  5. My heard of four-legged dependents all seem happy and healthy this morning.  When you have this many critters, every day that you can say that is absolutely a blessing.
Whatever you are doing on this Saturday, I hope the sun is shining on you too and that you are able to find the blessings - big and small - in your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment